grade 7 cre notes
grade 7 cre notes
CRE involves the study of religious beliefs and practices of Christians.
It is the study of how human beings depend on God and how God intervenes to save human beings.
CRE is a subject studied in Kenyan schools to develop the mind, behaviour and character of the learners.
It is also a subject that shows God’s relationship with man.
Importance of studying CRE
Studying CRE is important because
1. It makes one understand that God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit operate as
2. It helps one dispute knowledge and attitude s to make the right decisions in life.
3. Enables one think critically and make moral decisions on challenges affecting one’s
life and the society
4. One becomes exposed to cultural heritage, enhancing national unity through respect
for each community.
5. One develops as a whole person, body, soul and spirit
6. One becomes courageous in the study of creation one is empowered to utilise the
ability to control God’s creation
7. It helps you relate with each other well through care and hospitality
8. The moral values you acquire helps you to take care of the environment
9. One acquires respect for oneself and hence living a productive life
10. One acquires the principle of sharing and social justice, enabling them to coexist with
11. One acquires the skills that enable him or her promote economic development
12. It enables one to acquire ICT skills as they search for more knowledge
13. One develops communication skills through discussion and debate with other
It provides answers to life mysteries e.g. the question of life after death, the origin of
It enables students to develop vivid awareness of God and how God reveals himself.
It is a career subject, whose learners major in Law and theological training.
It instils respect, protection and conservation of God’s creation.
It highly promotes human dignity.
It helps students to appreciate their culture as well.
It equips the youth with life skills such as critical thinking, which enables them to face
With regard to national goals of education, it promotes national development by
instilling a positive attitude towards work. It equips learners with values that promote
It helps learners to understand themselves better.
It enables students to see the power of God controlling their own lives. It enables
students to respond adequately to God’s teachings and to relate well to others.
It is a service of natural guidance.
It promotes cultural integration.
It promotes social equality and justice.
How CRE helps us to relate well with others
1. It has helped developed skills as ability to listen
2. It helps acquire values such as respect for self and others
3. It helps someone to make moral decisions. This helps people to associate with the
4. Obedience to God’s command of loving our neighbour teaches us to care about